If you ever had a bill to pay from Edgars and its way past business hours. You have no way of paying them in person and you need to make that payment, pronto.
Well, here are the many ways you can pay your Edgars account as an FNB (First National Bank) account holder.
There are many methods to pay your Edgars bill with FNB. You can pay over FNB:
- Cellphone banking
- FNB mobile banking app
- Online Banking profile
- FNB ATM
Things you need:
- Edgar’s account statement.
Keep reading to find out the step-by-step instructions to paying your Edgars account for all the above methods.
Paying Edgars with FNB Cellphone Banking.
If you are registered with FNB cellphone banking, payments to Edgars are fast and easy.
All you need is your account number and the amount owed to Edgars (found on your account statement). Take note that the payments made through cellphone banking are exclusive to the store account only. If you’re uncertain about your Edgars account, contact Edgars on 0860 111 826.
To pay your Edgars account over FNB cellphone banking, follow the steps below:
- Dial *120*321#,
- Key in your PIN,
- Reply with option 2 ‘Bank’,
- Reply with option 5 ‘Payments’
- Reply with option 2 ‘Clothing Account’
- Reply with option related to ‘EDGARS’
- Reply with clothing account/reference number found on the EDGARS statement
- Reply with amount owed
- Reply with option 1 to confirm payment or 8 to cancel
- You should get a response confirming the payment to Edgars.
And you are done! You have successfully paid your Edgars account.
Because Edgars is an FNB account holder, your payments should be immediate if made before 9pm. After 9pm, your payment should reflect the next day.
If you don’t like the user interface of the FNB cellphone banking, you can always use the FNB app to make a payment. Keep reading to find out how.
Paying Edgars with FNB App
There are no features in the FNB app to pay Edgars directly. Edgars is however a public recipient of FNB and accounts to Edgars can be paid via EFT.
If you want to pay Edgars via EFT on your FNB app follow the steps bellow:
- Login to the FNB app.
- On the ‘Home’ screen, tap the ‘Payments’ icon.
- On the ‘Payments’ screen, tap the ‘Once off payments’ icon.
- Select ‘Public Recipient’ as your payment method.
- Type ‘Edg’ for the recipient Edgars to appear and tap ‘Search.
- You will be given 4 Edgars accounts for which you can pay:
- Edgars Active
- Edgars Credit Card,
- Edgars Store Card, or
- Select the account you’ve got to pay.
- On the next page, you will fill in the amount owing, name, and reference (Use your account number as reference).
- Tap ‘Continue’ and confirm that the payment details are correct.
- Tap ‘Confirm’ and your payment should be successful.
And you are done! Please note that FNB cuttoff time do apply to the payments to any recipient. View FNBs cuttoff times for more info.
If for any reason you are unsure of using the public recipient payment method, you can always select payment method ‘Specify Recipient Details’ and manually enter Edgar’s account details. Click the link for Edgar’s account details or contact Edgars directly at 0860 111 826.
Paying Edgars with FNB Online Banking
If you don’t have the FNB app or cellphone banking, then you can always try using online banking. There is no special way of paying Edgars other than to pay via EFT.
To pay Edgars via EFT, follow the steps below:
- Login to FNB online banking at www.fnb.co.za.
- Select ‘Payments’ tab or icon on the ‘Home’ page.
- Select ‘Once Off’ sub-tab on the ‘Payments’ page.
- On the ‘Who would you like to pay’ section select (next to ‘Pay to’) ‘Public Recipient’.
- Click the ‘Search’ button underneath ‘Public Recipient’
- On the popup page that appears, type ‘Edgars’.
- A drop-down menu of the different Edgars accounts will appear. Select the appropriate account.
- Click continue and proceed to fill in the ‘Payment Name’.
- Fill in the amount payable and the reference (19 digit account number as ‘Their Reference’)
- Select the account your wish to pay from and click ‘Pay’
- You will be prompted to enter the OTP sent to your phone. Type it in and press ‘Continue’.
- The page will then display the details of your payment. Press ‘Finish’ to end the process.
And you are done!
If you are uncertain of using ‘Public Recipients’ to pay your Edgar’s account, then you can always fill in Edgar’s banking details manually. Click the link for Edgar’s account details or contact Edgars directly at 0860 111 826.
Paying Edgars at an FNB ATM
Payments to Edgars at the ATM can be done via direct deposit or transfer (if you save Edgars as a beneficiary). You can even make the payment over ‘Cardless Services’ using direct deposit to FNB recipients.
To pay Edgars over the ATM (with deposit functionality), follow these steps:
- Insert your card and key in your pin.
- Select ‘Make Deposit’ on the main menu.
- On the ‘Make Deposit’ menu select ‘Deposit Cash’.
- On the ‘Select to Account’ menu select ‘Pay FNB Recipient’.
- You will have to type in ‘EDG’.
- Then select the appropriate Edgars account you want to pay.
- Key in your 19-digit Edgars account number as the reference and press ‘Proceed’.
- You may then proceed with the deposit as per usual deposit over the ATM.
(Note: If you don’t have your card in hand, just select ‘Cardless Services’ at the ATM and follow on from step 2 to 8 to make the payment.)
And you are done! Please note that standard ATM fees do apply (See FNB pricing guide for more info on ATM fees)
In this post, you are shown how to pay your Edgars accounts via FNB in as many ways as possible. The methods include paying your account via cellphone banking, the FNB app, online banking, or the ATM. If you are still unsure of the above methods you can always make a payment at any FNB branch, but you must do this with good timing as you don’t want to make a late payment.
As a recommendation, it would be nice if FNB had a ‘Scan and Pay’ function on their ATMs such as ABSA ATMs. This would make payments to Edgars easier and convenient.
But, what are your thoughts? Sound off in the comments below.