So you heard about the EasyEqutites trading platform but you’re not 100% sure how you can use it to start buying up some shares?
You can buy shares on EasyEquities by first creating an account here. Once you have opened an account, you’ll need to FICA it before you can buy shares. Once your EasyEquities account is FICA ready, you can go ahead and fund your account, then buy shares.
That’s just a summary of what you need to do before you can start buying shares on EasyEquities, if you would like a step-by-step guide then make sure you keep reading.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to:
- Create an EasyEquitites account
- How to FICA your account
- Fund your EasyEquities account
- How to buy shares using your EasyEquities account
Let’s dive right in!
01. Create An EasyEquities Account
Creating an account is extremely simple. It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes.
- Visit the official EasyEquities registration page here.
- Insert your username, email address, and password.
- Click on ‘next’
- Now complete the rest of the form
- Finally, click on the ‘register’ button.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be logged into your account. Here you’ll be able to play around with a demo account.
Once you’re ready to invest real money into shares, move on to the next step.
02. FICA Your EasyEqutities Account
If you’re logged into your account and you can’t buy shares or even fund your account then it’s more than likely because your account hasn’t been FICA verified yet.
Unfortunately, since someone has to manually screen your document, this process could take a few days. Once you send through the information expect it to take around 48 days before you get a response.
During the process, you’ll be asked to upload a high-quality picture of your I.D and proof of address that’s no older than 3 months.
So before getting stuck into the below process, I recommend you get your digital copies of these documents ready first.
Documents you can use for your I.D
- Green identity book
- I.D card
- Drivers license
Documents you can use for Proof of address
- Utility bill
- Property tax receipts
- Telephone account
- Mortgage statement
- Bank statement
*Make sure that the proof of address document you use has your full name as well as your current address.
Have your FICA documents ready? Great!
To FICA your EasyEquities account follow these steps:
- Log in to your EasyEquities account.
- Click on the red circle icon at the top right of your screen.
- Click on ‘My Profile.’
- Go through all the steps and fill out as much information as possible.
- Upload any relevant documentation.
- Click on submit.
If you don’t hear back from them within 48 hours I highly recommend you manually contact support by emailing email@example.com.
In the email let them know that you’re waiting for your account to get FICA verified, and also attach the documents in-case there was a problem when you uploaded them.
03. Fund Your EasyEquities Account
Once your account is FICA verified you’ll get an email stating that you can now fund your account and begin buying shares.
You can either fund your EasyEquities account via EFT or with a credit card. Both these funding methods can be accessed through your account under the ‘My Funds’ menu option.
Here’s a more detailed guide on the funding process.
Fund EasyEquities Via EFT – Electronic Funds Transfer
- Log in to your account here
- Click on the hamburger style menu on the top left of your screen
- Click on the ‘Deposits’ menu option under ‘My Funds’
- Click on ‘EFT’
- Select your bank account
- Copy the EasyEquties bank details to make your EFT
- Log in to your online banking profile and make a payment of how much you want to invest into the provided EasyEquities bank details
IMPORTANT: When making payment, use the reference shown in red that starts with ‘EE‘
Fund EasyEquities Via Credit Card
- Login to your account here
- Click on the hamburger-style menu on the top left of your screen
- Click on the ‘Deposits’ menu option under ‘My Funds’
- Click on ‘Credit Card’
- Insert the amount you would like to fund
- Insert credit card details
- Then click on the big red ‘Deposit’ button at the bottom of your screen
By nature, using a credit card will always be a lot quicker than doing an EFT. Credit cards are immediate, while EFT’s could take up to 48 hours especially if you’re doing the transfer over the weekend.
So if you’re in a rush to start buying shares, I highly recommend you use the credit card payment method.
04. How To Buy Shares Using Your EasyEquities Account
Now that your account is funded you’ll finally be able to start buying shares.
To buy shares on EasyEquities:
- First, log in to your account if you haven’t done so already
- On the main screen under ‘investment types’, click on ‘Equities’
- Under ‘category tags,’ click on ‘all’
- In the search box, search for the company you would like to invest in
- Click on the company logo
- Once you’re into the share order form, either select how much you would like to invest or how many shares you would like
- Then click on ‘Buy’ or ‘Buy at open’
- If the market is open then your order will be submitted straight away, if not, you’ll order will be submitted as soon as the market opens the following morning.
Congrats. You’ll now be a proud owner of some shares.
Is there anything in this process that you’re not sure about? Or is there something I missed that should be in this guide? Please let us know in the comments below so that we can start helping each other out!