If you’ve run out of airtime and need to top up through FNB (First National Bank), then you’ve landed on the right article. I’ve researched all the methods you can use to buy airtime and data with FNB, and I’ve weighed all the pros and cons of each.
Here are five ways you can buy airtime and data with FNB:
|eWallet & cellphone banking||No airtime needed|
|FNB Mobile App||WIFI, Hotspot or Mobile data|
|eBucks||WIFI, Hotspot or Mobile data|
|Online Banking||WIFI, Hotspot or Mobile data|
|ATM||No airtime needed|
Each method will come with it’s own pros and cons, however I ranked them in order of how easy I think they are to use. I recommend selecting a method, then following the tutorial for that method below.
01. eWallet service and cellphone banking (No airtime needed)
Here you have two options; you can either use cellphone banking or you the eWallet service inside cellphone banking. Why do I think this is the best method to use? Well, if you need to buy airtime with no airtime quickly (which is almost always the case), then the eWallet and cellphone banking is the way to go!
According to FNB, you can buy airtime through the eWallet service and cellphone banking without having any airtime on your cellphone. Which can be a lifesaver especially if you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere.
To buy airtime on your phone using the eWallet service or cellphone banking:
- First dial *120*277# to use eWallet, or *130*321# for FNB cellphone banking
- Select the ‘Prepaid’ option
- Now, select ‘Airtime’
- Select ‘Me’ or ‘Enter number’ if you would like to send airtime to a different number
- Select the network and bundle you would like to purchase
- Select the bank account you would like to charge
- Insert the amount of airtime you would like to purchase
- Finally, select ‘Confirm’ and follow the steps to finish.
Check your airtime balance after a few minutes and your airtime and data should be topped up.
02. Buy Airtime With FNB Banking App (Data or WIFI Needed)
If you have access to the internet and the FNB mobile app then this is also a pretty quick and effortless way you can top up.
- Log in to your FNB mobile App
- Tap on the top hamburger ‘menu’ on the top left of your screen
- Then, tap on the ‘Buy’ tab
- Tap on the ‘Airtime + bundles’ tab
- Either select ‘For me’ or ‘For someone else’
- If you selected ‘For someone else,’ insert the mobile number
- Select your network and bundle type on the top left
- Then select your bundle at the top right
- Now double check your mobile number
- Choose the bank ‘Account’ that you would like to charge
- Then insert the ‘Amount’ of airtime and data you would like to purchase
- Then finally, at the bottom right tap on ‘Purchase’
03. Buy Airtime With eBucks (Data or WIFI Needed)
So you’ve got a few thousand eBucks laying around and you want to use it on airtime and data? No problem! There are two ways you can do this. Either on FNB’s online banking platform (if you’re reading this from your PC) or you can use your FNB app (if you’re reading this from your mobile phone.)
To buy airtime and data with your eBucks on FNB online banking:
- Log in to your FNB online banking profile here
- Click on the top left hamburger ‘menu’ option
- Click on ‘eBucks Rewards’
- Click on ‘Shop’
- Then select ‘Airtime & Data bundles’
- Insert your cellphone number and then follow the prompts
To buy airtime and data using your eBucks on the FNB mobile app:
- Log in to the FNB mobile app
- Tap on the hamburger ‘menu’ on the top left of your screen
- Tap on ‘eBucks’
- Next, tap on ‘Spend’
- Tap on the ‘Airtime and Bundle’ tab
- Insert your cellphone number
- Select bundle and the amount of airtime and data you would like to purchase
- Tap on purchase at the bottom right and then follow the prompts to finish
04. Buy Airtime With Online Banking (Data or WIFI Needed)
If you’re sitting at your computer then the quickest way to buy airtime for you might be to log in to your FNB online banking.
To buy airtime and data on your FNB online banking profile:
- Log in to your FNB online banking profile here
- At the top left, click on the hamburger ‘menu’
- Now click on the ‘Buy’ tab
- Select ‘Airtime & Bundles’ tab
- Next, add a recipient to send the airtime to by clicking on the ‘Add’ button on the top right of the screen.
- Insert recipients ‘name’ and ‘cellphone number’
- Select the network ‘Provider’
- At the bottom right, click on ‘Add Recipients’
- Review details then click ‘Confirm’
- Approve with your OTP
- Now select recipient, insert amount of airtime and data you would like to buy
- At the bottom right select the bank account you would like to pay from
- Then click on ‘Buy’
- Follow the prompts and finish
05. Buy Airtime at FNB ATM
If you don’t have access to any data or WIFI (how are you reading this article then?!?!?) then you could find an FNB ATM and buy your airtime through there.
- Use FNB’s ATM locator here *In the ‘search’ area insert your town name.
- Insert your card and pin
- At the bottom right, tap on the ‘More Options’ tab
- Now select ‘Prepaid/Lotto’ tab
- Tap on the ‘Buy Cellphone Prepaid’ tab
- Select your network provider
- Select ‘Proceed’
- Insert the cellphone number you want to top up, then tap on proceed
- Follow the prompts until you finish the transaction
I’ve noticed a TON of people search for “How to buy airtime with no airtime” on google, and I can’t help wondering; if you won’t have airtime to top up, how are you getting access to google and this article? Am I missing something? Please, if you’re one of them, let me know why in the comments below.